Yes! Behind each of our courses is a MN-licensed teacher who loves his or her subject and who loves teaching!
- Every course is developed by the person teaching it.
- The MNOHS academic program is interactive – teachers communicate with students and families by e-mail, texting, phone conversation, and webinar.
- Students have opportunities to revise and resubmit their work in response to teacher feedback.
- Teachers respond to students and families on or before the next business day.
- Frequently, teachers create short instructional videos or meet with students one-on-one in a webinar to support student learning.
- Some courses have regular class meetings conducted in webinar.
- Teachers hold open office hours for at least three hours each week.
- Students can drop in to the Academic Support Center (ASC) for academic or technical help, or to connect with other students. The ASC is a webinar room staffed by a teacher and open on a regular schedule.
- Counselors provide academic assistance and help students connect with resources.