In this semester-length course we reflect on and build your leadership skills, and engage in meaningful school and community projects. We begin by looking at leadership in a place where you are expert – education. As we explore qualities of a leader, you examine your own potential for leadership.
First quarter we look at leadership within education. Second quarter we examine more closely leadership skills and style. You choose an issue that you are passionate about and apply your knowledge of effective leadership to make an Action Plan that you might implement in the future.
These questions guide us in our exploration of leadership:
School and Society
- What is your belief about education?
- How has school prepared you to be a leader? In what ways could school better prepare you?
- What is the role of school in our society?
- What is MNOHS’ role in education?
- How do I become a better leader?
- What makes an effective leader?
- Why is leadership important?
- Which issues need attention in my community or school and what can be done to meet those needs?
Course materials: All instructional materials are available online.
Standards: This is an elective course. There are no MN Standards for this course.
Credit: 0.5 credit (This is a one semester course. Each quarter = 0.25 credit)
Honors Opportunity: No